Established in 1969, Peter Harrington has become one of the leading rare books firms in the world.
With a stock of fine books from the fifteenth to twentieth centuries in a broad range of subjects, in the past few years we have sourced and sold such outstanding items as
– James Joyce, Ulysses, one of 100 copies on Dutch paper, in the original wrappers
– Shakespeare first folio, 1623
– Samuel de Champlain’s very rare Les Voyages du Sieur de Champlain Xaintongeois (Paris, 1613), a pioneering work in ethnography with the first accurate mapping of the New England coast
– Virginia Woolf’s pocket engagement diaries for eight years including that for the final year of her life
– The publisher’s copy of Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn: “the first copy ever bound”, with a unique autograph draft of Clemens’s unused dedication
Our customer service includes not only sales advice but commission bidding at auctions, library projects and others. We regularly produce fully-illustrated catalogues featuring our newest acquisitions. Each entry is fully described and carries our unconditional guarantee. We provide both domestic and international shipping and accept all major credit cards.
We are members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association (ABA), the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and of the Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association (PBFA). We exhibit regularly at a number of international book and antique fairs.
** Peter Harrington has two locations **